Moving out?

Publisert:Sist oppdatert:

Cleaning? Handing in keys? There's a lot that has to be done before moving out!

How do I cancel my agreement?

You can cancel your agreement online via UniAlltid without further notice. Remember that there is a two (2) months termination period from the date you cancel! If you, for example, cancel your agreement on October 9th your contract lasts until December 9th. You have to pay for the whole termination period even if you move out earlier. But you only pay until December 9th - so you don't pay a full month's rent in December, only 9 days.

Exchange students and international students with a housing guarantee cannot cancel their agreements their first semester after arrival.

Cleaning list

You will find a list over everything that has to be cleaned before you move out here. If it's not well enough cleaned when we check the room after you have moved out, you will be charged a cleaning fee of 500,- for every hour we spend cleaning the room. This fee will be withdrawn from your deposit. If you are charged a cleaning fee - we had to clean. This is not negotiable.

Handing over keys

If you move out within our opening hours you can deliver your keys (and say goodbye) to Helene at the housing office at school - entrance through the bookstore.

If you move during the weekend, or at night, you can drop your keys off in one of our mailboxes.

  • Campus: a gray mailbox with our logo on it, on the far west of the A-building outside our facility office there.
  • Mekvegen (Kvam): a green mailbox with "SiMolde/Nøkler" on in, to the right just inside the main door to the laundry in the A-building
  • Glombo: A green mailbox to the right of the main door


The deposit is repaid as a whole if the room is in good shape within 1 month after you have moved out. NB! Some extra time can be expected during summer and christmas because of vacation days. Exchange students, and International students should also expect some extra time as foreign transfers might take a bit longer.

Don't forget to register the account number you want the deposit repaid to in UniAlltid. Exchange students and International students that want it repaid to foreign accounts, has to register their BIC/SWIFT number and IBAN as well.

Change of address

Don't forget to change your address as soon as possible after you have moved out, we don't have the capacity to forward your mail 100 years after you have moved out..